Spring Boot is a brand new one day training course designed and taught by Spring expert Joris Kuipers
Spring Boot at a glance
Learn how to build applications quickly with Spring Boot
On request – please contact us with your group size and location
1 day 09:00-17:00, or as agreed with you
In-house, @Trifork Amsterdam or your office
Course delivered in English or Dutch by Spring expert, Joris Kuipers
Developers with a good understanding of Java. Some experience with Spring Framework is required.
What our students say:
Joris is for me one of the best teachers in explaining, in this case Spring, and for making students enthusiastic
This course is highly flexible and can be modified or extended to suit your needs. Simply contact us to learn what's possible.
- Spring Boot overview
- Configuration files
- Fat JARs & Embedded Servlet Containers
- Build system
- Web development
- Developing with Boot
- Production-ready features (actuator, health-checks, metrics, logging etc.)
About Spring Boot
Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications that you can "just run". It takes an opinionated view of the Spring platform and third-party libraries so you can get started with minimum fuss. Most Spring Boot applications need very little Spring configuration.Features
- Create stand-alone Spring applications
- Embed Tomcat, Jetty or Undertow directly (no need to deploy WAR files)
- Provide opinionated 'starter' POMs to simplify your Maven configuration
- Automatically configure Spring whenever possible
- Provide production-ready features such as metrics, health checks and externalized configuration
- Absolutely no code generation and no requirement for XML configuration
Agenda - Day 1
Spring Boot overview
Provides a quick overview of what Spring Boot is and what it isn't, the features it provides, and some ways of quickly getting started with building a new Boot-based application.
Covers Spring Boot's auto-configuration: what is this important feature, what sort of auto-configuration is provided out-of-the-box, how does it work, and how to tune or override it.
Discusses configuration support in Spring Boot: what type of configuration files are supported, where does Boot look for configuration values and in what order, and support for type-safe configuration properties and relaxed binding
Fat JARs & Embedded Servlet Containers
Explains how Spring Boot can package applications as self-contained fat JARs with an embedded servlet container like Tomcat or Jetty. Also covers registration of servlet-related components and how to choose for a traditional WAR format if you don't want to use fat JARs
Introduces the plugins that Spring Boot provides for building your applications with Maven or Gradle and the managed dependencies support it provides
Provides an overview of what Boot support is there for building web applications, including serving static resources, using WebJars, and error handling.
Developing with Boot
Covers the Spring Boot Developer Tools and Boot's comprehensive testing support built on top of Spring's integration testing framework.
What our students say about Joris
- "Great instructor with good presentation skills. Direct and to the point"
- "Excellent! I have had some bad experiences with technical trainers, even from reputable companies. This trainer, however is not only very knowledgeable but also knows how to explain complicated concepts and has extensive experience in the field so he has a lot of real-world examples to use."
- "Joris was very good and has a broad knowledge of the individual subjects and always adds some extra tips and tricks to the content."
- "Really skilled profesional."
- "He can make anyone understand anything :)"