Core Spring 4.0 (4 days)
Core Spring is the four-day flagship Spring Framework training. In this course, students build a Spring-powered Java application that demonstrates the Spring Framework and other Spring technologies such as Spring Boot, Spring Data, AOP and Spring Security in an intensely productive, hands-on setting.
The trainer, Joris Kuipers, is a former Springsource/Pivotal employee who also participated in the elaboration of the genuine training material. Joris has extensive experience and expertise in the software architecture. This experience will benefit you with a highly interactive, intensive and hands-on course. We do not only focus on explaining Spring features and how to use it, but also on the fundamental architectural issues. It is important to know how to use certain parts of a framework, but it is even more important to be able to decide when to use them.
- Use the Spring Framework to develop Java applications.
- Use dependency injection to set up and configure applications.
- Test Spring-based applications.
- Configure Spring applications using Java configuration, annotations, or XML.
- Use Spring Data JPA and JDBC to rapidly implement relational database access.
- Use Spring support for transactions.
- Use aspect-oriented programming (AOP) to declaratively add behavior to applications.
- Develop a basic Web application with Spring MVC.
- Use Spring Security to secure Web applications.
- Use Spring to easily build REST web services.
Audience & Prerequisites
We assume that participants have a good understanding of the core Java APIs, as well as a basic knowledge of general concepts like JavaEE APIs such as JTA and the Servlet API. As we cover object-relational mapping technologies (ORM) we also assume basic knowledge of ORM concepts and JPA. The training is hands-on. Developers are expected to bring their own laptop.
This course is 40% theory and 60% exercises.
In order to benefit from the course, you need a computer.
Day 1 - Spring Framework basics
- Introducing the lightweight container architecture and Spring Application Context
- How Dependency Injection and Test-Driven Development allows you to develop structured, flexible applications that are easy to test
- How Spring helps you write better, more cohesive code, with a discussion of relevant object-oriented design patterns
- Hands-on exercises based on a realistic business case, there is a general case in the exercise
Day 2 - Effective Middle-Tier Architecture
- Pragmatic Spring AOP in the middle tier, with examples and without buzzwords
- Effective persistence Spring Data: how to build a persistence layer with Spring best practices.
- Analysis and tradeoffs of relevant persistence strategies, including Hibernate and Spring JDBC
- Transaction management with Spring at the service layer
- Middle-tier unit and integration test strategies
Day 3 - Implementing Enterprise Information Connectivity
- Understanding ORM and Hibernate with Spring
- An overview of Spring Web MVC and Spring Boot
- Configuring Spring-managed services for remoting without code
- Designing contract - first web services with Spring Web Services
Day 4 - Integration with Enterprise Services
- Understanding Spring Security and role-based access
- Spring JMX
- Configuring Message-Driven POJOs with Spring JMS
- Understanding Pivotal Enterprise Solutions
Trifork Amsterdam Office - Rijnsburgstraat 9-11, 1059 AT Amsterdam
Contact us for more info, if you are a student or if you want to know more about groupdeals.
4 days, every day from 9:00 to 17:00
- "Joris is for me one of the best teachers in explaining, in this case Spring, and make students enthusiastic"
- "Great instructor with good presentation skills. Direct and to the point"
- "Excellent! I have had some bad experiences with technical trainers, even from reputable companies. This trainer, however is not only very knowledgeable but also knows how to explain complicated concepts and has extensive experience in the field so he has a lot of real-world examples to use."
- "Very interesting subjects. I would like to learn more."
- "Joris was very good and has a broad knowledge of the individual subjects and always adds some extra tips and tricks to the content."
- "Really skilled profesional."
- "He can make anyone understand anything :)"
About the Trainer
Our trainer is Joris Kuipers, who is a certified expert when it comes to Spring. Joris started in April 2007, as a Senior Consultant at Interface21 (now SpringSource, part of the Pivotal Initiative), training Java developers in Spring and Java EE technologies as well as providing technical consultancy. In 2012 Joris joined Trifork Amsterdam, where he works as Manager Technology Delivery as well as a hands-on architect.