VIRTUAL | Core Spring - 4 days (Free Exam Voucher Valued at $200)
A masterclass that is highly interactive, intensive and hands-on, led by one of our experienced trainers. You now have the possibility to attend the masterclass online! The focus of this course is not simply to explaining Spring features and how to use them, but also on the fundamental architectural issues. It is important to know how to use certain parts of a framework, but it is even more important to be able to decide when to use them.
Why should you attend?
- Highly experienced trainers who still work as developers themselves.
- Tips, tricks and real-world examples in addition to the official course materials.
- Certification courses that match the exam topics (exam voucher must be purchased directly from Pivotal).
- Gain real skills that you can start using in your Spring project immediately.
This Masterclass will cover:
- Spring configuration using Java Configuration and Annotations
- Aspect oriented programming with Spring
- Testing Spring applications using JUnit 5
- Spring Data Access - JDBC, JPA and Spring Data
- Spring Transaction Management
- Simplifying applications with Spring Boot
- Spring Boot auto-configuration, starters and properties
- Build a simple MVC application using Spring Boot, embedded Web Server and fat JARs or classic WARs
- Implementing REST with Spring MVC and RestTemplate
- Spring Security
- Enable and extend metrics and monitoring capabilities using Spring Boot actuator
- Utilize Spring Boot enhancements to testing
Agenda: Day 1
- Spring 5 Framework basics
- Introduction to Spring
- Spring Java configuration: a deeper look
- Annotation-based dependency injection
- XML dependency injection
Agenda: Day 2
- Spring 5 Framework in-depth
- The bean lifecycle: how does Spring work internally
- Testing a Spring-based application
- Aspect-oriented programming
- Data access and JDBC with Spring
Agenda: Day 3
- Spring data and introduction to Spring Boot
- Database transactions with Spring
- JPA with Spring and Spring data
- Spring in a web application
- Spring Boot
Agenda: Day 4
- More on Spring Boot plus introduction to Microservices
- Spring Boot - going further
- Spring Security
- Rest with Spring MVC
- Microservices with Spring Cloud
* For detailed information about the curriculum check the Pivotal training brief
** This masterclass is approximately 40% theory and 60% exercises. All labs are supervised with the trainer on-hand to provide answers to individual questions and provide coaching.
Are there any prerequisites?
We assume that participants have a good understanding of the core Java APIs, as well as a basic knowledge of general concepts like JavaEE APIs such as JTA and the Servlet API. As we cover object-relational mapping technologies (ORM) we also assume basic knowledge of ORM concepts and JPA. The masterclass is hands-on. Developers are expected to bring their own laptop.