Michael Plöd: DDD
This masterclass aims at giving you an in-depth overview of the strategic part of domain-driven design. Strategic domain-driven design is a powerful methodology for designing large systems in a decoupled and especially decentralized manner. By identifying clear boundaries between bounded contexts and by matching them to the business architecture (subdomains) and the organization of teams (context maps / team topologies) you can make sure that a lot of work can stay within a team. This leads to faster development cycles and a higher quality due to specialization.
This masterclass teaches you how to work with these ideas and how to apply them to the real world.
- Brief overview of domain-driven design
- Problem vs solution space
- How to understand your problem space better and how to identify good boundaries for your problem domain
- Subdomains and their categories
- Bounded contexts
- Correlation between bounded contexts and subdomains
- How to identify bounded contexts
- Bounded contexts in monoliths and microservices
- Context maps
Each participant gets a rebate coupon for Michael’s DDD book on Leanpub as well.
About the trainer:
Michael Plöd works as a fellow for INNOQ. He has over 15 years of practical consulting experience in software development and architecture. His main areas of interest are currently domain-driven design, event sourcing, microservices and presentation techniques for developers and architects. Michael is the author of the book Hands-on Domain-driven Design - by example on Leanpub.