GOTO Academy NL
22nd & 23rd November: Introduction and Advanced features of the Axon Framework
GOTO Academy is proud to be a partner of AxonIQ and an authorized re-seller of their high-quality Axon Framework courses.
The course will cover an introduction to the framework and some of the more advanced topics. The course is modular, so you can follow the whole course or only the first or second day.
Day 1 - Introduction to Axon Framework
This one-day, hands-on course will start by setting up the infrastructure components and organizing the codebase practically. Then, through theory and practical exercises you will explore the following topics- Aggregates: learn how to design, implement, and test Aggregates
- Command handling: implementing and configuring the commands and its handlers;
- Event handling: implementing and configuring the event handlers; async vs sync, transaction management;
- Event sourcing: how to apply event sourcing, snapshotting, and reconstructing a projection from historic events;
- Sagas: coordinating activity between components – implementation, configuration, testing, and common pitfalls.
Objectives- Understanding the fundamentals of Event sourcing and Domain Driven Design
- Learning how to set up projects with Axon for developing complex, future-proof applications.
- Experience how Axon Framework helps to securely put the domain model into production
- Get started quickly!
- Get the development team facing in the same direction
- Help to align the domain design language and principles and develop a strong connection between the architects, developers, product owners, and business problem owners.
- Avoid common pitfalls in project setup, saving time and boosting productivity
- Expert’s answers to specific/advanced questions as they relate to your projects
Day 2 - Advanced features of the Axon Framework
The second day, you will learn more about the advanced features of the Axon Framework. It covers several strategies to scale out, as well as important aspects to deal with when operating applications in production.- Refactoring and evolving your application: evolving Commands and Events, Upcasting, changes in Aggregate boundaries
- Building Microservices with Axon: distributed systems, distributed command and event handling, designing events for distribution
- Replaying the Event Store
- Integration and deployment in production
- Monitoring, measuring throughput and latency, message tracing
- Advanced configuration and tuning: message interceptors, serialization, unit of work
Objectives- Gain a thorough understanding of how to apply Event sourcing and Domain Driven Design
- Learning how to set up projects with the Axon Framework for developing complex, scalable and future-proof applications.
- Experience how to evolve applications built on Axon Framework to get the most out of available data
Benefits- Get familiar with the concepts required to use Axon Framework in complex and large-scale environments
- Avoid common pitfalls in project setup
- Validate and enhance your ideas and experience with Axon Framework experts
- Expert’s answers to specific/advanced questions
The Axon training courses and workshop are designed for Software Architects, Software Developers, Technical Team Leads and Enterprise Architects.
Prerequisites- A good understanding of the Java language is required.
- Enterprise application development experience is recommended.
- Developers are expected to bring their own laptop with the IDE of their choice.
Delivery- Instructor-led classes given by the initiator of Axon
- Best practices and know-how embedded in hands-on labs
- Interactive learning environment with strong Q&A
- Available in English