In this 2-day workshop participants will learn how to use Axon’s advanced features, how to use Axon in a distributed environment, and how to deal with the evolution of an application.
- Refactoring and evolving your application: evolving Commands and Events, Upcasting, changes in Aggregate boundaries
- Building Microservices with Axon: distributed systems, distributed command and event handling, designing events for distribution
- Complex Sagas
- Replay Event Store: consolidation
- Advanced configuration and tuning: unit of work, message interceptors, parameter resolvers, serialization, system vs application events, handler enhancers
- Integration and deployment in production
- Monitoring, measuring throughout &latency, message tracing.
- Understanding the fundamentals of Event sourcing and Domain Driven Design
- Learning how to set up projects with Axon for developing complex, future-proof applications.
- Experience how Axon Framework helps to securely put the domain model into production
- Get started quickly!
- Instructor-led classes given by skilled staff
- Best practices and know-how embedded in hands-on labs
- Interactive learning environment with strong Q&A
- Available in English
- On-site or at your premises
- Get the development team facing in the same direction
- Help to align the domain design language and principles and develop a strong connection between the architects, developers, product owners, and business problem owners.
- Avoid common pitfalls in project setup
- Expert’s answers to specific/advanced questions
The Axon training courses and workshop are designed for Software Architects, Software Developers, Technical Team Leads, Enterprise Architects, Product Owners, and Business Owners.
- For the developers, a good understanding of the Java language is required.
- Enterprise application development experience is recommended.
- Developers are expected to bring their own laptop with the IDE of their choice.
- For non-developers, some affinity with Java is useful, although practical coding experience is not required.
Axon Framework helps build scalable, extensible and maintainable applications by supporting developers apply the Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS) architectural pattern. It does so by providing implementations, sometimes complete, sometimes abstract, of the most important building blocks, such as aggregates, repositories and event buses (the dispatching mechanism for events). Furthermore, Axon provides annotation support, which allows you to build aggregates and event listeners without tying your code to Axon specific logic. This allows you to focus on your business logic, instead of the plumbing, and helps make your code easier to test in isolation.
About the Trainer Allard Buijze
Allard Buijze is CTO at Trifork Amsterdam with 16 years of web development experience. His focus has always been on clean application design, future-proof development method, code maintainability and testing. Allard is strong believer in scalable architectures, DDD and application design. He is an initiator of Axon an open source Java framework that helps to create scalable and extensible applications by providing the building blocks that CQRS requires