In this 2-day workshop participants will learn how to use Axon’s advanced features, how to use Axon in a distributed environment, and how to deal with the evolution of an application.
- Refactoring and evolving your application: evolving Commands and Events, Upcasting, changes in Aggregate boundaries
- Building Microservices with Axon: distributed systems, distributed command and event handling, designing events for distribution
- Complex Sagas
- Replay Event Store: consolidation
- Advanced configuration and tuning: unit of work, message interceptors, parameter resolvers, serialization, system vs application events, handler enhancers
- Integration and deployment in production
- Monitoring, measuring throughout &latency, message tracing.
- Gain a thorough understanding of how to apply Event sourcing and Domain Driven Design
- Learning how to set up projects with Axon for developing complex, scalable and future-proof applications.
- Experience how to evolve applications built on Axon Framework to get the most out of available data
- Get started quickly!
- Instructor-led classes given by skilled staff
- Best practices and know-how embedded in hands-on labs
- Interactive learning environment with strong Q&A
- Course delivered in English or Dutch, at your office or at our training rooms in Amsterdam
- Get familiar with the concepts required to use Axon Framework in complex and large-scale environments
- Avoid common pitfalls in project setup
- Validate and enhance your ideas and experience with Axon Framework experts
- Expert’s answers to specific/advanced questions
The Axon training courses and workshop are designed for Software Architects, Software Developers, Technical Team Leads and Enterprise Architects who already have some practical experience with Axon Framework applications, preferably in production.
- A good understanding of the Java language is required, as well as some practical experience using Axon Framework
- Enterprise application development experience is recommended.
- Developers are expected to bring their own laptop with the IDE of their choice.
Axon Framework helps build scalable, extensible and maintainable applications by supporting developers apply the Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS) architectural pattern. It does so by providing implementations, sometimes complete, sometimes abstract, of the most important building blocks, such as aggregates, repositories and event buses (the dispatching mechanism for events). Furthermore, Axon provides annotation support, which allows you to build aggregates and event listeners without tying your code to Axon specific logic. This allows you to focus on your business logic, instead of the plumbing, and helps make your code easier to test in isolation.
About the Trainer Allard Buijze
Allard Buijze is CTO at Trifork Amsterdam with 16 years of web development experience. His focus has always been on clean application design, future-proof development method, code maintainability and testing. Allard is strong believer in scalable architectures, DDD and application design. He is an initiator of Axon an open source Java framework that helps to create scalable and extensible applications by providing the building blocks that CQRS requires