Enterprise Spring is a four day training course led by Joris Kuipers and covers today’s most important topics and technologies related to enterprise application integration. This hands-on training, under expert guidance shows how to apply Spring technologies to implement:
- inherently distributed applications
- high-performance, RESTful application servers
- batch and real-time data-ingestion and transformation
This course prepares students for the Enterprise Integration Specialist certification exam. Certification exams are sold separately.
At the end of the training, you should gain an understanding of Spring and associated technologies for Enterprise Integration and be able to:
- Create concurrent applications and schedule tasks using Spring
- Creating and consuming REST Web services
- Use JMS for asynchronous communication
- Understand and use distributed transactions
- Use Spring Batch for Enterprise Integration based on batch processing
- Use Spring Integration for pipes-and-filters integration
- Use the configuration DSL
- Have a basic understanding of Spring XD
- STYLES OF ENTERPRISE INTEGRATION
- Integration Styles Pros/Cons
- Spring Support
- TASKS AND SCHEDULING
- Introduction to concurrency
- Java Concurrency support
- Spring’s Task Scheduling support
- REST WEBSERVICES
- REST Overview
- Using Spring’s RestTemplate for client access
- Extending Spring MVC Controllers to implement REST
- Out-of-container Testing
- SPRING INTEGRATION CONFIGURATION
- Using the DSL
- SPRING INTEGRATION ADVANCED FEATURES
- Splitting and aggregating
- Dispatcher configuration
- INTRODUCTION TO SPRING BATCH
- Batch concepts
- High-Level overview
- Job parameters and job identity
- Quick start using Spring Batch
- Readers, Writers & Processors
- JDBC Item Readers
- Intro to skip, retry, repeat and restart
- Business logic delegation
- Using Java Configuration
- SPRING BATCH RESTART AND RECOVERY
- Reading flat files
- Sharing state between steps
- SPRING BATCH ADMIN AND PARALLEL PROCESSING
- Spring Batch Admin
- Scaling and parallel processing
- SPRING XD
- Spring XD for Batch Jobs, Integration flow and Data Ingestion
- Spring XD Installation
- Working with Streams (Definition, Source vs Sink, deployment, use-cases)
- Working with Jobs (Definition, deployment, monitoring, use-cases)
Depending on the class, some of the following topics will be covered, if there is sufficient interest and time.
- AMQP (RabbitMQ, Configuring AMQP templates, Spring’s support for AMQP/RabbitMQ...)
- ADVANCED REST (HATEOAS, Spring HATEOAS, Spring Data REST)
- SPRING REMOTING (RMI, HttpInvoker...)
- SPRING WEB SERVICES (exposing a Web Service on server side, client access...)
Software developers and architects who are interested in Spring.
We expect that the participants have experience with developing applications using Java and next to this they should have a basic understanding of Spring.
Contact us for more info, if you are a student or if you want to know more about groupdeals.
4 days, every day from 9 am - 5 pm
- "Joris is for me one of the best teachers in explaining, in this case Spring, and make students enthusiastic"
- "Great instructor with good presentation skills. Direct and to the point"
- "Excellent! I have had some bad experiences with technical trainers, even from reputable companies. This trainer, however is not only very knowledgeable but also knows how to explain complicated concepts and has extensive experience in the field so he has a lot of real-world examples to use."
- "Very interesting subjects. I would like to learn more."
- "Joris was very good and has a broad knowledge of the individual subjects and always adds some extra tips and tricks to the content."
- "Really skilled profesional."
- "He can make anyone understand anything :)"