Learn how to protect your web application from vulnerability and common attacks
The course is designed to provide developers with awareness of the most common areas for exploitation of their applications or web sites and ways of preventing these exploits. Through practical and theory based work, developers will get hands on experience of breaking and compromising vulnerable web applications.
This course is designed for developers of all levels wishing to gain an understanding in how to better protect the sites and applications they are working on. This course explores up to date tools & methodologies available to developers and how best to use them.
- Make your application or web site the smallest target possible to potential attackers
- Understand common attack vectors
- How to mitigate common attack vectors
- Understand tools used for testing & protecting applications & web sites
- Asking the right questions to other developers & system administrators
- Encourage auditing of code & improved development procedures
- Common web application structures
- Layers of your application
- Network layers
- General Protection
- SQL Injection
- Cross Site Scripting
- Protection of files
- Brute Force Attacks
- Basic manipulation of URL/FORM Data
- Threat Modeling
- Web application firewalls
- Alerting tools
- Penetration test resources
An introductory course ideal for the novice or experienced developer. The course is mixture of demonstrations and practical work for completion by the trainees.
''Comprehensive course about all Internet Security concerns. Good ratio of content, interaction, real life examples. Recommended.''
'' Hugely interesting course and eye opening to understand all the vulnerabilities that exist. Even though we have security reps within the company this would make you think there is a need for specially trained staff whose sole focus is that.''
''This was a very detailed and interesting course that has covered number of topics which were interactive and easy to fallow. Simon was a great teacher who has explained everything really well and was very approachable. Thank you for your time and effort.''
''Great course, great materials, good exercises. simon is a really great teacher have picked up some helpful hints on what to look out for. The threat modelling exercise was worthwhile. I think all employees should do this course.''