Get started quickly with Axon, the Java development framework which enables rapid CQRS-based application development.
You will begin this one-day, hands-on course by setting up the infrastructure components and organizing the codebase practically. Then, through theory and practical exercises you will explore the following topics
Aggregates: learn how to design, implement, and test Aggregates
Event handling: implementing and configuring the event handlers; async vs sync, transaction management
Query model: the design process for projections, denormalization tactics, and different ways to update a query model
Event sourcing: how to apply event sourcing, snapshotting, and reconstructing a projection from historic events
Sagas: coordinating activity between components – implementation, configuration, testing, and common pitfalls
Task based UI and dealing with eventual consistency
- Get the development team facing in the same direction
- Help to align the domain design language and principles and develop a strong connection between the architects, developers, product owners, and business problem owners.
- Avoid common pitfalls in project setup, saving time and boosting productivity
- Expert’s answers to specific/advanced questions as they relate to your projects
- Understanding the fundamentals of Event sourcing and Domain Driven Design
- Learning how to set up projects with Axon for developing complex, future-proof applications.
- Experience how Axon Framework helps to securely put the domain model into production
- Get started quickly!
The Axon training courses and workshop are designed for Software Architects, Software Developers, Technical Team Leads, Enterprise Architects, Product Owners, and Business Owners.
- For the developers, a good understanding of the Java language is required.
- Enterprise application development experience is recommended.
- Developers are expected to bring their own laptop with the IDE of their choice.
- For non-developers, some affinity with Java is useful, although practical coding experience is not required.
- Instructor-led classes given by the initiator of Axon
- Best practices and know-how embedded in hands-on labs
- Interactive learning environment with strong Q&A
- Available in English
- Price: €550 excluding VAT
We also offer this course in-house at your offices. You can choose to run this course as it is or build a training package of 1-4 days, depending on the experience and interests of your team. To discuss your options contact us or call +31 615 620 419
Axon Framework helps build scalable, extensible and maintainable applications by supporting developers apply the Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS) architectural pattern. It does so by providing implementations, sometimes complete, sometimes abstract, of the most important building blocks, such as aggregates, repositories and event buses (the dispatching mechanism for events). Furthermore, Axon provides annotation support, which allows you to build aggregates and event listeners without tying your code to Axon specific logic. This allows you to focus on your business logic, instead of the plumbing, and helps make your code easier to test in isolation.
About the Trainer Allard Buijze
Allard Buijze is CTO at Trifork Amsterdam with 16 years of web development experience. His focus has always been on clean application design, future-proof development method, code maintainability and testing. Allard is strong believer in scalable architectures, DDD and application design. He is an initiator of Axon an open source Java framework that helps to create scalable and extensible applications by providing the building blocks that CQRS requires