Offer for a limited time: complete Core Spring @ GOTO Academy before January 31st 2018 and receive a FREE certification exam voucher from our partners at Pivotal.
Core Spring is the four-day flagship Spring Framework training. In this course, you will build a Spring-powered Java application that demonstrates the Spring Framework and other Spring technologies such as Spring Boot, Spring Data, AOP and Spring Security in an intensely productive, hands-on setting.
Core Spring at a glance
Become a certified Spring Professional with the only publicly-offered official Spring courses in the Netherlands
€2,249 excl. VAT
4 days, 0900-1700
Classroom, @Trifork Amsterdam
Course delivered in English by Joris Kuipers
Developers with a good understanding of Java. No experience with Spring Framework necessary.
What our students say:
Both instructors know a lot, and are good in bringing the knowledge to the participants.
This course is highly interactive, intensive and hands-on, led by one of our experienced trainers. The focus of this course is not simply to explaining Spring features and how to use them, but also on the fundamental architectural issues. It is important to know how to use certain parts of a framework, but it is even more important to be able to decide when to use them.
- Use the Spring Framework to develop Java applications.
- Use dependency injection to set up and configure applications.
- Test Spring-based applications.
- Configure Spring applications using Java configuration, annotations, or XML.
- Use Spring Data JPA and JDBC to rapidly implement relational database access.
- Use Spring support for transactions.
- Use aspect-oriented programming (AOP) to declaratively add behavior to applications.
- Develop a basic Web application with Spring MVC.
- Use Spring Security to secure Web applications.
- Use Spring to easily build REST web services.
Audience & Prerequisites
We assume that participants have a good understanding of the core Java APIs, as well as a basic knowledge of general concepts like JavaEE APIs such as JTA and the Servlet API. As we cover object-relational mapping technologies (ORM) we also assume basic knowledge of ORM concepts and JPA. The training is hands-on. Developers are expected to bring their own laptop.
This course is approximately 40% theory and 60% exercises. All labs are supervised with the trainer on-hand to provide answer individual questions and provide coaching
Day 1 - Spring Framework basics
- Introducing the lightweight container architecture and Spring Application Context
- How Dependency Injection and Test-Driven Development allows you to develop structured, flexible applications that are easy to test
- How Spring helps you write better, more cohesive code, with a discussion of relevant object-oriented design patterns
- Hands-on exercises based on a realistic business case, there is a general case in the exercise
Day 2 - Effective Middle-Tier Architecture
- Pragmatic Spring AOP in the middle tier, with examples and without buzzwords
- Effective persistence Spring Data: how to build a persistence layer with Spring best practices.
- Analysis and tradeoffs of relevant persistence strategies, including Hibernate and Spring JDBC
- Transaction management with Spring at the service layer
- Middle-tier unit and integration test strategies
Day 3 - Implementing Enterprise Information Connectivity
- Understanding ORM and Hibernate with Spring
- An overview of Spring Web MVC and Spring Boot
- Configuring Spring-managed services for remoting without code
- Designing contract - first web services with Spring Web Services
Day 4 - Integration with Enterprise Services
- Understanding Spring Security and role-based access
- Spring JMX
- Configuring Message-Driven POJOs with Spring JMS
- Understanding Pivotal Enterprise Solutions
Trifork Amsterdam Office - Rijnsburgstraat 9-11, 1059 AT Amsterdam
€2,249 excl. VAT. Please contact us for more info, if you are a student or if you want to know more about group discounts.
4 days, every day from 9:00 to 17:00
Joris is an absolute expert when it comes to Spring. He has been educating developers about the Spring Framework for over 10 years having started as a Senior Consultant at Interface21 (formerly SpringSource, now Pivotal), in April 2007. His role there was training Java developers in Spring and Java EE technologies, as well as providing technical consultancy.
His extensive experience with Spring means that he can provide a lot of tips, tricks and real-world examples.
In 2012 Joris joined Trifork Amsterdam, where he works as Manager Technology Delivery as well as a hands-on architect.
Courses: Core Spring, Enterprise Integration, Spring Web, Spring Boot