March 23, 2018: Introduction to Axon Framework [1 DAY]
Introduction to Axon Framework at a glance
Get started with Axon, the Java framework which enables fast development of scalable, high performance applications
€550 excl. VAT
1 day, 0900-1700
Classroom, @Trifork Amsterdam
Course delivered in English by Steven van Beelen
Developers with a good understanding of Java, architects and technical team leads
Get started quickly with Axon, the Java development framework which enables rapid CQRS-based application development.
You will begin this one-day, hands-on course by setting up the infrastructure components and organizing the codebase practically. Then, through theory and practical exercises you will explore the following topics
- Aggregates: learn how to design, implement, and test Aggregates
- Event handling: implementing and configuring the event handlers; async vs sync, transaction management
- Query model: the design process for projections, denormalization tactics, and different ways to update a query model
- Event sourcing: how to apply event sourcing, snapshotting, and reconstructing a projection from historic events
- Sagas: coordinating activity between components – implementation, configuration, testing, and common pitfalls
- Task based UI and dealing with eventual consistency
- Get the development team facing in the same direction
- Help to align the domain design language and principles and develop a strong connection between the architects, developers, product owners, and business problem owners.
- Avoid common pitfalls in project setup, saving time and boosting productivity
- Expert’s answers to specific/advanced questions as they relate to your projects
- Understanding the fundamentals of Event sourcing and Domain Driven Design
- Learning how to set up projects with Axon for developing complex, future-proof applications.
- Experience how Axon Framework helps to securely put the domain model into production
- Get started quickly!
The Axon training courses and workshop are designed for Software Architects, Software Developers, Technical Team Leads and Enterprise Architects.
- A good understanding of the Java language is required.
- Enterprise application development experience is recommended.
- Developers are expected to bring their own laptop with the IDE of their choice.
- Instructor-led classes given by the initiator of Axon
- Best practices and know-how embedded in hands-on labs
- Interactive learning environment with strong Q&A
- Available in English
- Price: €550 excluding VAT
We also offer this course in-house at your offices. You can choose to run this course as it is or build a training package of 1-4 days, depending on the experience and interests of your team. To discuss your options contact us or call +31 615 620 419
Axon Framework helps build scalable, extensible and maintainable applications by supporting developers apply the Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS) architectural pattern. It does so by providing implementations, sometimes complete, sometimes abstract, of the most important building blocks, such as aggregates, repositories and event buses (the dispatching mechanism for events). Furthermore, Axon provides annotation support, which allows you to build aggregates and event listeners without tying your code to Axon specific logic. This allows you to focus on your business logic, instead of the plumbing, and helps make your code easier to test in isolation.