What is Kubernetes?
Kubernetes is an open-source management system for automating the deployment and scaling of containerised systems. It brings together 15 years of Google’s experience running containers in production and allows for systems to grow without any changes in size to operations teams. An essential tool for any organisation looking to adopt cloud native capabilities.
GOTO Academy & Container Solutions
GOTO Academy has partnered with Container Solutions to bring its community a Kubernetes 101 training.
In this two-day introductory course, participants learn all about Kubernetes terminology and core principles. By using minikube and the Kubernetes definition file, attendees come out of this training being able to deploy, update and kill applications.
You will learn all about:
- The history of cloud-native, containers and orchestration
- Kubernetes’ benefits, features and real-world usage
- Kubernetes’ architecture and components
- How to work with Kubernetes
- How to build your own Kubernetes cluster
TOPICS:● History of Orchestration
● Kubernetes Architecture
● Services TOPICS
Who's this for?
Anyone who is looking to get hands-on with Kubernetes.
● Level: Beginner
● Relevant Roles: Developer, DevOps, SysAdmin, Architect
● Format: Hands-on Workshop
● Duration: 2 days
● Experience with Docker/Containers
● General programming knowledge
● WiFi-enabled laptop
● Basic Linux knowledge
● Access to a Terminal and SSH client
About Container Solutions:
Container Solutions are a leading Cloud-Native consultancy. They specialize in container-packaged microservices, that help their customers and partners innovate at speed and scale. They're made up of world-class technology experts and trainers, including the creator of minimesos; the ElasticSearch framework for Mesos; and the author of the O’Reilly book, “Using Docker”.