General Terms & Conditions
Cancellation policy for GOTO Academy
- A minimum number of participants is required for a Masterclass to take place.
- If the minimum is not met, the GOTO Academy will notify all trainees no later than 2 weeks prior to the first day of the Masterclass.
- In the case of a canceled Masterclass due to a minimum number of attendees not being met, trainees will be contacted promptly and informed of their options.
- In the unforeseen circumstance that a Masterclass is canceled without prior notice e.g., the trainer is sick on the day of the masterclass or the masterclass venue is suddenly not available, attendees will have the option to either have a total refund or reschedule for another training date.
Cancellation policy for the trainee
- If a trainee cancels his/ her participation less than 4 weeks prior to the actual scheduled training date there are three options:
- 50% of the Masterclass fee will be reimbursed by the GOTO Academy.
- The trainee can select another Masterclass date.
- The trainee can elect someone from their company to take their place.
- If a trainee cancels his/ her participation less than 2 weeks prior to the actual scheduled Masterclass date the participant will not be reimbursed. Rescheduling may be possible but can't be guaranteed. However, the trainee always has the option to elect someone else from their company to take their place.
Change of Training Venue
At times when the demand is higher than our maximum capacity, we may move the Masterclass to a higher capacity training facility to ensure we keep the high-quality masterclass experience. The new location will be communicated to participants 2-4 weeks before the masterclass commences.
- If a company cancels 1 month prior to their agreed date of the In-house Masterclass they can redeem 50% of the cost of the Masterclass.
- If GOTO Academy is notified less than 4 weeks prior to the actual scheduled training date no refund will be made.
- In both cases, we will work with you closely to find an alternative date but no guarantees can be made. Also, any costs associated with rescheduling (eg: non-refundable travel expenses & hotel of the trainer) will be passed on to said company.
Payments terms and conditions
- Three days prior to the actual scheduled masterclass date, the full invoice and payment thereof must be fulfilled. The GOTO Academy reserves the right to refuse the entrance to the masterclass if the payment has not been 100% fulfilled.
OtherVAT rules for UK Masterclasses:
- Under the current VAT rules GOTO Academy can currently only accept registrations for UK companies. Therefore, if a booking is made for a UK Masterclass we require a VAT number. If there's no VAT number we reserve the right to decline the booking. If you have any questions regarding this please contact us.
- Please bring your own laptop for the masterclass you have registered for. If you don't have a computer, please let us know one week in advance, so that we can arrange a laptop for you.
1. How does Goto Academy use your personal information?
GOTO Academy asks for your personal and user-related information when you eg register for our courses. It is information such as name, address, postal code, e-mail, phone number and job title. In connection with the purchase or registration of a service, mandatory information is clearly marked on the form. The provision of other information in connection with the purchase or registration of service is voluntary.
We do not sell any of your personal data. To be able to provide our service to you and to run our business, we share data with third parties from the following categories:
- Third parties, which are involved in processing purchases, e.g webshop systems & payment service providers.
- Third parties, which are involved in marketing training programs, e.g marketing automation platforms & email marketing platforms.
We have entered into Data Processing Agreements with these third parties who are reputable and GDPR compliant entities.
2. What cookies do we use?
Cookies can be categorised by the role they fulfil on our Platform:
- Functional cookies are essential in order to enable you to use and move around our Platform and to ensure that our Platform functions properly.
- Analytical cookies are used to collect information on visitor behaviour (e.g. the pages you view most often) to optimise the usability of the Platform.
- Advertising cookies are used to follow browsing behaviour over a longer period of time across various websites. These cookies build individual user profiles according to their interests. Based on these interests, the content of the advertisements on our website will be adapted for different visitor groups.
3. Protection of personal data
According to the Personal Data Act, your personal information must be kept safe and confidential. We store the personal information you provide on restricted access databases located either in our controlled facilities and or the controlled facilities of our trusted third parties. Security measures are continually reviewed to determine whether our user information is being handled properly and with due regard to your rights as a user.
However, we cannot guarantee 100% security for data transfers via the Internet. This means that there is a risk that others will unwittingly force access to information when data is transmitted and stored electronically. Please note that you submit your personal information at your own risk.
4. Changes in the processing of personal data
5. Contact us
If you want access to the information that is registered about you at the GOTO Academy, please contact us. If incorrect data is registered or you have any other objections, you can contact the same place. You have the opportunity to gain insight into which information is registered about you, and you can object to a registration in accordance with the rules in the Personal Data Act.
Last edited Jan 21st, 2020.