Patrick Kua: Shortcut to Tech Leadership
Shortcut to Tech Leadership: Accelerate Your Journey From Maker to Multiplier
What does this workshop cover?
- Exploring Technical Leadership – We explore the breadth and focus of effective technical leadership.
- Leading Technical Topics – We focus on building a technical vision and cover 8 principles of effective technical leadership
- Maker to Multiplier – We show the differences between being a maker (i.e. software engineer) to being a multiplier (i.e. a technical leaders) including 5 keys to being a successful multiplier.
- Next Steps – What happens after the workshop and what you can do to continue your technical leadership journey.
What will you learn on this workshop?
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand what technical leadership is, and why it’s important for successful teams
- Explain what effective technical leadership looks like
- Describe your Technical Vision in depth
- Outline 8 foundation principles of effective technical leadership
- Identify the different behaviours of Makers and Multipliers
- Use 5 foundation skills that Multipliers draw upon a daily basis
Who is this for?
This workshop is specifically aimed at:
- Software engineers wanting to increase their influence
- Software engineers looking to transition into a Lead Developer, Tech Lead or Engineering Manager role
- Technical leaders early on their journey who want to quickly level up their skills
- Experienced technical leaders who want to refresh and refine their existing skills
What do you need for this workshop?
This is an online, interactive, fully remote workshop. For the best experience you will need:
- Internet – Good, reliable Internet access. The recommended minimum is 1Mb/s
- Computer – A computer with the ability to run Zoom and a web browser concurrently. Recommended minimum specifications include: CPU 2,8 GHz (dual-core i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent), 4GB RAM.
- Webcam and microphone – As there are group activities, it is recommended you have a webcam and microphone
- Video Conferencing Software – The workshop runs via Zoom. It is recommended you use the native Zoom client (i.e. not the web client).
- A modern Internet Browser – We will use a number of web-based tools. It is recommended you use one of the following: Chrome 52.0 or later, Firefox 52.0. or later, Safari 10 or later, Internet Explore 11 or later, Edge version 15 or later.
- Time – This workshop runs for 4 hours.
How does this workshop run?
Your trainer (Pat Kua) will guide you and your cohort through the workshop using a variety of methods optimised for a fully remote, digital world. Research shows that deeper learning occurs when you interact, apply, and practice the material. This workshop draws upon short lectures, interactive polls, Q&A breakouts, individual and group exercises, and group discussions. Each of these elements is specifically designed to challenge you to put the content into action and you will get the most of this workshop by taking an active part.
Upcoming training dates
Sorry, there are no products in this collection